5 Reasons to Open a Money Market Account
Are you looking for a place to park your savings? Do you need an account that blends accessibility with a high rate of return?
Look no further! Dade County Federal’s Money Management accounts offer convenient features with an attractive rate of return to help your money grow. You’ll earn a handsome return on your money without the risk of the stock market or the restrictiveness of a Share Certificate account.
Most Money Market accounts have a minimum balance requirement. Here at DCFCU, you can open a Money Management account with as little as $2,500. As long as you keep your balance from falling below $2,500, the account will earn dividends.
Here are 5 reasons to open a Money Market account:
1. Security – Funds in your Money Market are insured by the NCUA up to $250,000. This means you can keep a large sum of money in your account without the risk of losing it to a market crash or a poor choice of investment.
2. Accessibility – Money Market accounts have no maturity date. You are free to access the funds in your account at any time, typically without penalty. If you have a DCFCU Money Market account, you can make up to  withdrawals from your account during each statement cycle. Because of their accessibility, Money Market accounts are perfect for those large, occasional expenses like tuition payments, emergency household repairs and unexpected medical fees.
3. High interest rates – Money Market accounts offer a rate of return that surpasses your typical savings account. You can check our latest rates at dcfcu.org/account-rates.
4. No Maintenance Fee – There is no monthly maintenance charge for your DCFCU Money Management account.
5. Personal checks and debit card access – Money Market accounts offer flexibility. In fact, the funds can be easily transferred to your checking account. Then, you’re free to use the funds to make payments by writing personal checks or using your debit card.
Are you ready to start saving big? Open a Money Market account at a DCFCU branch today!